Hell yeah, I am.
Yesterday, my friend Amanda and I ran the Boilermaker 15K road race, one of the most well-k. Then we drank some beer at the ginormous after-party located at the F.X. Matt Brewing Company, home to Saranac Beer. Mmmm. Pomegranate Wheat Beer.
It was better than awesome, even though there were some technical difficulties and my results didn't register, so that now the only proof I have of actually finishing the race is my finisher's pin. Even though I felt like sleeping on the sweaty grass of the reunion area afterwards. Even though my brother John and I had to drive back to Rochester so that he could start roofing Dad's house. Even though my sister-in-law Shelley had to drive downstate after the race to start class on Monday instead of coming back with John and I. Even though we couldn't stay and hang out with Amanda's amazing family and drink more beer. Even though we had to drive 40 mph on the NYS Thruway on the way home because (although dry for the race) the rain was that bad.
Thanks Amanda for convincing me to run it! Yay knees!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
Not Spot, Fido, Wind Waker (that's from a video game, and is the Meep's favorite)... I was in favor of The Dude, but JJ shot that down. He didn't like The Big Lebowski, either.
1. The "official" name can be pretty much anything, but we're obligated to started it with "Chindi's", so if you liked the name Harrison Ford, the whole name would be "Chindi's Harrison Ford".
2. The name has to translate into an everyday name (i.e. Chindi's Harrison Ford could be Harrison, Harry, Ford etc.)
3. Remember that the Meep has to be able to call the dog by it's name, so don't suggest stuff like "Lick Balls" or "Ass Master". To the people who already suggested those names, you know who you are. I've got my eye on you.
4. You may enter as many times as you wish. Karl Barx has already been entered.
Many sweet little kisses from said named puppy, either in person or on film. Said puppy is not slobbery yet, and smells extremely good, so it's not the regular dog tongue-lashings. These are PUPPY kisses, people. Kisses will be available some time after August 4th.
Update! Here are some names thrown into the hat via email, phone, or visit (thanks mom):
Bacon Bit (or even better in French, Petit Lardon... the little lard)
Holy Mother Terrence (aka Mother Teresa b/c his sweet face can do no harm)
Hershey from the house of Kobie
Charles Bronson (aka Charles, Bronson, Charley, Chuck, but absolutely NOT Bron Bron)
Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
Jack the Kerouac
Kirby or Hoover (because surely, he will be vacuuming up any crumbs)
Sir Poopy the Puppy (!!! thanks to my fabulous sister for that one. you are so cool.)
- The end of fiscal year at work has finally come and gone. Whew!
- Still several weeks left of summer classes (and tests).
- Next weekend I am taking a little trip to run the Boilermaker in Utica, NY.
- I hope your 4th of July was wonderful.